It's June!!!

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

June 1st! Aggghh!

We are having a baby this month (well it better be this month kiddo...momma does NOT want to head in to July feeling like a swollen elephant!). In October when we found out we were pregnant it felt like June would never come, but it finally showed up! :)

People are starting to make bets on when the baby is going to come and what the sex will be. My cousin guesses June 5th/Boy (that is scary because that is just DAYS away!!), Dan says June 15th/Boy (though he wants it to be known that he doesn't care either way!!), and my vote is June 11th/Girl (what the heck I'm going to go against the grain!). Leave me a message with your guess! :)

Here are some "clues" to help base your guess:

- I have been carrying extremely low all pregnancy
- Baby's heartrate has been in the 130-140 range
- Contractions have started late at night/early morning but nothing timeable or with a pattern
- I've had periods of heartburn, but nothing too terrible
- My face has been broken out like a 15yr old since I took the pg test
- My hair is limp, lifeless, and disgusting!
- The Chinese Gender Chart predicts a boy
- Our official due date is June 25th and all ultrasounds have been right on!!
The anticipation is crazy! I think poor Dan is about to have a heart attack from it all ;) Last night I came out of the bathroom & made a comment about a possible stretch mark appearing (it went away though by morning...yay!) and in his 1/2 asleep mind he thought I was telling him that it was time. The look on his face was priceless!! Hmm.....thinking I should grab the camera for when I really do say that to him! He is now begging to pack the hospital bag so that is the agend for tonight.

Other preperations have been getting freezer meals ready for the first week or two after the baby! This way I can take it out & bake it for a great homemade meal with no stress.....especially on nights that Dan has to work & sleep all day! I've already made almost 36 breakfast burritos and red beans/rice so today I'm going to finish up with the lasagna, enchiladas, macaroni/cheese, and rhubarb bread! I don't think anything else will fit in our freezer!

The decals/frames for the baby's room should arrive this week so then everything will be ready! Poor Holly can't figure out what the heck is going on in that room! She loves the rug we bought...but gets really anxious when we hang out there for too long. I also think she can tell that I'm getting close (the vet said it has something to do with the changing hormones) because she is EXTREMELY clingy to me these days! I can't go more than 4 ft away from her at any time! She has always loved her mommy but she is 110% a daddy's girl....until now! ;)

Weekly Update:
  • How far along? 36wks, 4 days
  • How big is baby? 19-22 inches and 6.5lbs! The size of a watermelon.....yes a watermelon! That is terrifying!!!!
  • Total weight gain/loss: approx (+) 12 lbs!
  • Stretch marks? Thought I had a few last night...but they randomly disappeared! Hoping it stays that way ;)
  • Sleep: I've forgotten the word
  • Best moment this week: This past week has actually been really hard as we got some devestating news about my grandfather. Can't think of a "good" moment unfortunately :(
  • Movement: 11pm-3am seems to be "party time" in the uterus! Kiddo is running out of room but loves to hook it's toes under my right rib & push hard......I have to push back! Feels like it is going to snap!
  • Food cravings: Still loving the pineapple! The fact that it softens & ripens the cervix is an added bonus!
  • Gender: What is your guess?!
  • Labor Signs: Increase in amount & intensity of contractions but that is about it! Should find out tomorrow if I'm dilated anything! :)
  • Belly Button in or out? I'm going to say 75% out and 25% flat
  • What I miss: Sleeping on my tummy & being able to go 30 minutes without peeing!
  • What I am looking forward to: Hitting full term (Only 3 more days!)
  • Weekly Wisdom: Contractions feel totally different than I expected!
  • Milestones: Making it to June! Our birth month!!! Yay!

I haven't really felt like my tummy grew anymore (I've actually felt a little better the last week or so), but the picture says otherwise! The watermelon size suddenly really looks right! Yikes!

(I cannot believe I'm still posting bare belly pics!! Yikes! Oh well I started so now I've got to finish!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment